It's much later now and I thought that I'd update this, especially since my mom decided to include this URL in her Christmas letter (welcome to those friends and family who received that letter and actually went online to check it out).
I finished the 10-minute documentary for IBJ, but I'm not sure what they did with it. I'll post that when I find out. I also finished the HIV piece, A Nation of Orphans, which you can check out on my website, www.nickloomis.com. It aired on 219 West, a monthly news magazine show produced by CUNY journalism students, and is currently playing on a loop on CUNY TV in NYC. You can check out the entire show here (my piece is second-to-last, followed by a brief Q&A with me).
As, pretty much, a direct result of my internship and that piece, I just got an internship with the New York Times video department, which I start in late January. It's an internship, so I'll be doing a lot of grunt work (transcriptions, tape logging, production assisting, etc.), but I'll also get to shoot and edit some of my own pieces for the Times' website, which I'm very excited about. So that's what I'll be doing two days a week during my last semester. This is probably the last post, so if that turns into a job, you'll probably have to wait until next year's Christmas letter to hear about it.
Best,
Nick
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment